Muffins are one of my favourite finger food recipes as they’re so versatile. You can make sweet or savoury and get all sorts of nutritious ingredients in there! Babies tend to love holding them and the texture is great for them. These ones are so quick and simple to make and a great way to get avocado in to your baby’s diet. Avocado is a brilliant source of healthy fats which contribute to baby’s brain cell development. If you try them let me know what you think. Love Sophie x
1. Blitz the avocado, banana, eggs and milk in a food processor/blender until smooth.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon in a large bowl.
3. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir together gently until just combined (do not overmix).
4. Grease a muffin tin (or mini muffin tins) well and spoon in the batter.
5. Bake the muffins at 180C preheated oven for 20 minutes (mini muffins will only take 12 minutes) until golden brown and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool for a few minutes before turning out on to a wire rack to cool further.