These little bars are a super snack option for baby. The texture is really good for a younger weaning baby to gum on and older babies will enjoy the soft texture.
You can easily adapt this recipes to make different variations such as adding chia seeds, flax, desiccated coconut, dried fruit etc.
1. Blitz the oats in a food processor/blender to make oat flour. Add to a large bowl.
2. Soak the dates in 5-6 tablespoons of boiling water for 10 minutes.
3. Add the melted coconut oil or butter to the blender along with the soaked dates and their soaking liquid, the banana, and peanut butter. Blitz well to combine.
4. Add the wet mixture to the oat flour and stir well to form a dough.
5. Transfer the dough to a greased and lined baking tin (approx 8inch x 8inch) and press down into the tin.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 15-20 minutes until golden
7. Remove the parchment paper with the cooked dough from the tin and allow to cool before cutting into small bars.