One of my most popular finger food recipes! These fritters are super as they’re so easy to make and you can pop them in the freezer for a stash of handy lunches! They are also great for getting the greens into baby. If you try them let me know what you think! Love Sophie x
1. Steam 1 head of broccoli florets until tender. Chop into small pieces, including the stalks (You can also use a food processor for ease)
2. Whisk the egg in a large bowl and add the chopped broccoli, cheese, and flour and mix well (This can also be done in food processor).
3. Shape into patties and refrigerate until ready to cook. If cooking straight away you can simply add tablespoons to the frying pan and flatten down with the spoon to shape.
4. Heat a drizzle of olive or rapeseed oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, and fry the fritters for 2-3 minutes each side until golden.
5. Allow to cool and chop into fingers for a weaning baby. If baby is over 9 months and has developed pincer grasp you can cut up into smaller cubes.